Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Long Overdue

Well, I must admit I feel pretty bad about not posting for the past oh, 2 months. We have been very busy with various things, none of which have been our house. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of news a far as the house goes. We are hoping in the next few weeks to begin making more progress and I'm looking forward to posting more updates on the house soon! So since two months have gone by I'm going to try to post a whirlwind summary of some of our activities. Easter flew by and we had a nice dinner with the family. Smoked pork loin, and too many other items to list. My family comes from a long line of gourmet cooks and we are not afraid to go all out. Here we are in our sunday best:







Mothers day followed qickly after and we celebrated with the Joe Martin Stage race and lunch at Jose's on Dickson Street in Fayetteville. The whole family was there which is a rare occasion these days.



Not long after this my grandma was in town for a conference and we had a mini wood family reunion. I hadn't seen my cousins or aunt and uncle in awhile. They are all growing so quickly! At the end of May we rented a mini-ex to aid in cleaning out a large ditch area on our property. I took some pictures, but they didn't turn out very well. I was honestly working so hard I didn't take very many!






We had a small get-together for memorial day at my parents. I just had to post these pictures of Hannah. Love. Her. I don't think I have any recent pictures of her looking serious.




And this cuteness.


Can't get enough of this child. And then Becca. I love her too. But especially love the small child she is carrying. It's getting so close! Cannot wait to hold my nephew, but I know she can't wait even more.


My birthday followed Memorial day. The girls at work took me to Abuelo's for dinner and drinks and my family gave me a nice party. And of course, there was plenty of food including a homemade Italian cream cake made by Becca. Joe surprised me with gifts and beautiful flowers that lasted over a week and a half. My flowers never last that long!





And in true redneck fashion, we went with some friends to the monster truck show. We had fun, but it was loud!


Yes, we are rednecks. We drank carnival "fresh squeezed lemonade", skipped the funnel cakes and did a LOT of people watching. The past few months have been a whirlwind, but I am determined to blog more often in the coming months. Be looking for house updates soon!

1 comment:

  1. Love you guys! I love the fam pic with your dads cowboy hat and hannahs expressions! To answer your question, I have a Canon Rebel and have been using a free trial of Adobe Lightroom while I justify the monies to actually buy it...

    ReplyDelete