Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Birthday's

March 1st, my lovely mom celebrated her 52nd birthday. It's so weird for me to type that. You see, not only does she not look like she's in her 50's, she doesn't act like she's in her 50's. Not that she doesn't act her age emotionally. She is wise beyond her years. But she is so very young in spirit and at heart. My mom is the coolest mom in the world. Like literally. She is in incredible shape (way more than I could ever dream to be), she runs, swims, rides bikes, does Pilate's, and eats incredibly healthy. She has done triathalons and numerous 5 & 10k's (usually coming in first in her age group). She sets an amazing example of self-control and perserverance. She is always up for a party, she dresses "cool" and most of all she is an incredibly Godly woman. She is an amazing mentor to more people than she probably realizes and every time I am with her I feel uplifted and inspired to be a better person. She's always striving to have a closer, better relationship with Christ and is always looking for a chance to grow to be a better person. Words cannot say how thankful I am to her and to my dad (who is also amazing, but I'll save that for another post) for how they raised me to be the woman I am today. I am one lucky lucky girl.
Love my daddy. Anyway, we celebrated her birthday last week at Becca's house (Brandon was in Dallas...we missed him!) My back has been "out" for the past two weeks so Joe made her cake
He originally poured the batter in before spraying the pans. Luckily we caught it before he had both pans poured :-). Becca made amazing enchiladas:
They were quite yummy! And then we ate cake, cake and more cake...
Happy Birthday Momma---we all love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment