Monday, March 26, 2012

Long Time

So...it's been awhile. I've been so neglectful in posting but I promise a house update soon. A lot of things have happened since I last posted, most notably (as most everyone knows), we are pregnant! Cole Wyatt is due to join the Hatfield family on July 19th. We are so excited and can't wait to meet this precious gift God has given us. Below is his 20 week ultrasound picture:
Such a handsome little guy :-). He is already just like his daddy-active all the time, and a night owl. His newest favorite thing is practicing his punches and kicks on what he thinks is his personal punching bag (also known as my bladder). I've heard this doesn't change any as he grows so I guess we are in it for the long haul! So far my pregnancy has been great. A little morning sickness in the first trimester, and now just the normal aches and pains that go with pregnancy. Overall I have nothing to complain about! Joe has been working feverishly on the house with a target completion time of early June. Yes I have pictures (lots of them!) to document what all has happened since I last posted. Among many other things, we now have windows, doors, heating and air, electric, plumbing, insulation & sheetrock! It's really starting to look like a home. We start painting next week! Joe's life pretty much consists of building the house right now. He is so busy with that, we really don't have time for anything else. He generally works every evening after work(usually til midnight or later) and every weekend. My life consists of work, laundry, housework, cooking, taking care of Jude and trying to figure out and pick all the fixtures, tile, countertops,colors, and etc for the house. I try to help with the physical part of the house, but there's not much I can do, especially now that I'm pregnant! We are both at the point where we are just ready for it to be done. It's so close we can taste it, and it's been a long time coming. It will be nice to be in a brand new house when Cole arrives and not have the stress of homebuilding hanging over our heads where we can just be a family together. I promise to post a house update soon so everyone can see the progress. It's coming along!

No comments:

Post a Comment